Submitted by Anonymous on Wed, 01/14/2015 - 15:39
JOB ADVERTISEMENT: PAN AFRICA ILGA (PAI) is recruiting an Office Coordinator (Johannesburg).
Deadline for applications is March 5th, 2015!
1. The Job
This is an exciting new position at the office of Pan Africa ILGA in Johannesburg. In coordination with the Board of Pan Africa ILGA and with the Executive Director of ILGA, the post holder will be responsible for the management of the PAI office.
Main tasks [see the job description for a full list]:
- Managing all administrative aspects of the PAI office, including staff supervision, compliance with relevant legislation and relationship to service providers;
- Overseeing, jointly with the PAI Board, the finances of the regional organisation, implementing all related tasks,
- Acting as a liaison between ILGA’s head office and the PAI board, and as administrative support to the regional board including the organisation of the biannual regional conference;
- Linking ILGA, movements, donors and other stakeholders with the PAI board members to report their activities in ILGA publications;
Main Job requirements [see the job description for a full list]:
- Proven management experience of at least one year.
- Knowledge of the African LGBTI movement and human rights issues related to it; first-hand experience in an LGBTI organization is highly desirable.
- Fluent English, both written and oral. Fluency in French or Portuguese is an asset.
Salary in commensurate with experience and negotiable.
Submit a fully filled out application form to:
Closing date: 5th March 2015
Please note that short-listed candidates will be notified and that we are unable to offer individual feedback.